PDA

View Full Version : where to find 540mm upright stainless cooker?

pasey25
18th April 2006, 11:38 AM
Hey all,

I'm looking to replace the white electric cooker in my kitchen but only have 540mm width to play with which rules out most stainless upright cookers which seem to be around 600mm in size.

I want a stainless upright 540mm in width with gas stove and electric oven (fan forced if possibe)

the only 540mm stainless upright cooker i have seen is an 'Emilia' branded unit but I haven't bee impressed by it.

If anyone knows of or has seen any others let me know.

cheers,
Adam

adrian
18th April 2006, 07:04 PM
Do a google on "540mm gas " and you get a few hits for Chef, Westinghouse etc.
I'm shopping around for a new range as well. The best I've seen so far (without spending big bucks) is the Lofra range.
You could also try some of their websites.
www.lofraappliances.com.au
www.ilve.com.au

pasey25
18th April 2006, 07:09 PM
Do a google on "540mm gas " and you get a few hits for Chef, Westinghouse etc.
I'm shopping around for a new range as well. The best I've seen so far (without spending big bucks) is the Lofra range.
You could also try some of their websites.
www.lofraappliances.com.au (http://www.lofraappliances.com.au)
www.ilve.com.au (http://www.ilve.com.au)

thanks for the reply, but I think you'll find all the search results you got with google are for white uprights, ratherthan stainless steel unfortunately.

I've got no issue finding one in white but stainless ones seem very elusive.

Harry72
18th April 2006, 11:54 PM
The style/size of cooker your looking for is called "Townhouse"

pasey25
19th April 2006, 11:18 PM
thanks, that turns up a eurolec cooker but the oven is gas :(

silkwood
31st May 2006, 08:07 PM
Emilia do a 54cm Upright. I'm not sure if they do it in gas and electric, call Direct Interiors and ask for Sarah (I'm not in work tomorrow). Her number is 08-8366-7751. She can tell you, and give you anumber to find your local retailer.

Cheers,

pasey25
1st June 2006, 10:00 AM
Emilia do a 54cm Upright. I'm not sure if they do it in gas and electric, call Direct Interiors and ask for Sarah (I'm not in work tomorrow). Her number is 08-8366-7751. She can tell you, and give you anumber to find your local retailer.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply, but if you read my first post, - I've seen the emilia unit and haven't been impressed by it.

starting to think I might have to get a cabinetmaker to come and set me up for a 600mm upright :-(

silkwood
1st June 2006, 10:22 AM
Pasey, sorry, you're right, I missed the comment. Emelia is a budget unit by the same people who make Glem.This is very common in the industry. I don't think it is a bad product, just not high end (okay not even mid-range!).

Most of the 540 are simply sold to replace existing units, as in your case. Because this usually means the cupboards aren't the modern 600's most peole upgrade the cupboards at the same time. If you are simply minimising cost for an investment property I think you'll find the Emelia very good, it's shown itself to be reliable. If it is for your own residence I think getting a cabbie in is a good decision.

Cheers,

pasey25
1st June 2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah, it is for my own house. Was going to be an IP but will likely stay in it for a few years yet

any ideas on what a cabinet maker might charge?

silkwood
1st June 2006, 11:12 PM
Sorry Pasey, not my area, Thre are a few cabbies on the forum, send them a pm.

Cheers,