PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen benches in Brisbane's south

WillyInBris
20th March 2006, 09:05 PM
Hi peoples my first post so be gentle.

I have been looking for a company that I can order a u shaped laminate benchtop from south of<st1:city w:st="on"><st1> Brisbane</st1></st1:city>.
I have called a couple of companies and all they want to do is sell me is a new kitchen when all I require is a new benchtop.
Anyone got any recommendations from south of <st1><st1:city w:st="on">Brisbane</st1:city></st1> or that can do a good product for a good price and deliver to Springwood.
<o></o>

I will install myself.

Thx Willy

Sybarite
20th March 2006, 10:11 PM
I always receive EXCELLENT service and product from Benchworx.

07 3804 5222

Unit 1b/22 Eastern Service Road
Stapylton QLD 4207

They will make the tops you want and nothing else.

If you need any information prior to specifying feel free to contact me.

Respect, all.

Earl

WillyInBris
20th March 2006, 10:23 PM
Thx Syarite.
How do these places price it, is it by the metre and what would I expect to pay for say just a standard laminate bench per metre?.

I am guessing that corner cuts would add to the price?

Just dont want to walk in like a total newb with a credit card and get ripped off.

thx Willy

Sybarite
21st March 2006, 06:57 AM
Hi Willy,

Benchtops are mostly costed on meterage and depth (with variation in thickness also available).
Most usual is 34mm finished thickness at 600mm deep. Max length of a sheet is approx. 3600mm.

The best way of ordering is to provide the team with a plan view of your BENCHTOPS ONLY, including all desired overhangs and where the joins are. This allows the fabricators to check your needs.

Joins, Laminated Ends, Extra Rolls (on the ends) and docked corners are calculated extra. In case you are thinking otherwise it is definitely best to let the shop cut those mitre joins.

I get a supply price that is based on my trade realtionship with the fabricator, so I don't know what you can expect to pay.
However, I can say that if you were to order your benchtops through me, as part of a kitchen or just the tops I would be charging $137.20 per metre (supplied, including G.S.T.) plus joins, ends et cetera, so if you can get it for less than that you will be doing o.k. This is for standard tops in any colour or pattern from any major supplier - including squareform or tightform rolled edges if available.

Respect, all.

Earl

WillyInBris
21st March 2006, 07:03 PM
Hi Sybarite.
I have been down and seen Benchworx they are what you said Excellent, they were ony to happy to help a virgin like me.
In the morning i will be going back to place an order.
Thankyou so much for your help.
Willy