PDA

View Full Version : EEE separation

macca2
13th March 2006, 11:49 AM
Recently with the hot weather I have found my jar of EEE tends to separate.
Is this normal and do I just stir the top white layer back into the darker paste.
Thanks
macca

PAH1
13th March 2006, 12:05 PM
Recently with the hot weather I have found my jar of EEE tends to separate.
Is this normal and do I just stir the top white layer back into the darker paste.
Thanks
macca

yep, the active bit is inorganic and does not go off.

Hambone
13th March 2006, 05:23 PM
Hi Macca,
I had a similar problem during our hot spell .I stired the EEE with a steel rule put the lid back on and placed the jar in an old ice cream container with enough water to come up to half way on the EEE jar .this solidified it and I have had no further problem whilst I kept the jar in the water

Ron

arose62
13th March 2006, 05:35 PM
I've also learned to put a layer or two of shopping_bag_plastic between the jar and the lid to stop the EEE and Shellawax "locking" the container closed.

Normally I'd just twist it open, or grab the boa strap wrench, but a busted shoulder took both those options away for a while - that's when I saw the tip about the plastic somewhere.

Cheers,
Andrew

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th March 2006, 07:48 PM
I've developed a habit every time I power up the shed ready to start work: hit all the switches, wince as the compressor kicks in, (bloody morning's after :rolleyes: ) and then shake all my bottles of liquid finishes (shellawax is the worst for seperation) and stir my pastes. Regardless of whether I plan to use 'em that day or not.

I've put a length of dowel inside each paste container that just fits on the diagonal... easy to grab and no cross contamination. Only takes a minute or two while I muse about what I'm going to fail to accomplish today. :D

maddog 62
14th March 2006, 01:05 AM
i had the same problem
fixed that by giving it a stir then putting it in the lemonade fridge :)