PDA

View Full Version : New shed

mudguts
13th February 2006, 07:16 PM
hi all

just thought i'd share this with you all. I'm finally ready to put up a new shed. Been doing some ringing around for prices and what not, heres what i found.

7mx4mx2.4m garage/shed $3200 kit form (roller door, p.a.door, window)
shed co to erect $700
council building permit $300
permit build over easment $120*
permit build over easment $110 city west water*
concrete slab(shed co) $1710 (not gonna happen, will do it my self):o

TOTAL $6140:eek:

plus elctricity and we have a very expensive 28m2 shed.
I am going to do it but was very suprised (maybe i'm a tight a**e though)

Cheers

Daniel

P.s. Do you like my new avatar ( I'm famous):D

Glenn_M
13th February 2006, 07:39 PM
G'day Daniel,
Got myself a new shed 6 months or so back with similar dimensions to yours. Was advised to go 2.7m or 3m wall height if I could. Went to 2.7m and cost less than $100 extra. The extra roof height is certainly welcome! In a small shed it doesn't feel like a shoe box, gives me extra room to swing those long planks / ladders etc and I reckon its better for ventilation and dust control (although that would be hard to prove)

Food for thought.

I also had an easement but had it removed. That exercise added almost 12 months (and $2000) to the buidling time but now its gone. Building over it would have been easier/cheaper/quicker but I wanted rid of it.

The prices you quote seem to be comparable to what I paid except for the slab. Got mine in for $1000

Cheers, Glenn

mudguts
13th February 2006, 07:44 PM
G'day Daniel,
Got myself a new shed 6 months or so back with similar dimensions to yours. Was advised to go 2.7m or 3m wall height if I could. Went to 2.7m and cost less than $100 extra. The extra roof height is certainly welcome! In a small shed it doesn't feel like a shoe box, gives me extra room to swing those long planks / ladders etc and I reckon its better for ventilation and dust control (although that would be hard to prove)

Food for thought.

I also had an easement but had it removed. That exercise added almost 12 months (and $2000) to the buidling time but now its gone. Building over it would have been easier/cheaper/quicker but I wanted rid of it.

The prices you quote seem to be comparable to what I paid except for the slab. Got mine in for $1000

Cheers, Glenn

Glenn

I haven't really thought about the wall hight, but i will investigate it. as for the slab i was thing i could get it in for about the $1000 mark too. Bloody $1700 for 2.8 cubic metres of concrete in a slab:mad: .
Thanks for the info.

Daniel

Bear
21st February 2006, 12:59 PM
I have to agree. I have nearly completed a shed 6m x 9m. I went to 2.7 and I am really glad I did. Makes the shed feel much bigger and easier to swing things around in

Shedhand
24th February 2006, 01:42 AM
Glenn

I haven't really thought about the wall hight, but i will investigate it. as for the slab i was thing i could get it in for about the $1000 mark too. Bloody $1700 for 2.8 cubic metres of concrete in a slab:mad: .
Thanks for the info.

DanielGeez Mud :eek:
Did they bring it to you in wheelbarrows. My slab (9m x 7.5 x 150mm) was a bit over 11 cubes and only cost me 1800 bucks. And according to the building experts Hobart is the second most expensive place to build in Australia (behind Sydney).
I think they saw you coming mate.:(