PDA

View Full Version : Low spot in concrete floor

Howdya do that
8th February 2006, 08:55 AM
:mad: The B who poured the slab for my shed left a low spot right in the miiddle of the roller door. when it rains a pool of water about 1 metre round but only 5mm deep forms. I was considering running a shallow saw cut across the front of the door to drain the water away. can anyone see a problem with this?

Wood Butcher
8th February 2006, 09:25 AM
Have you considered filling the low spot with a self levelling compound? Might solve the porblem and wouldn't look as bad as a saw cut in the concrete.

silentC
8th February 2006, 09:56 AM
Have a look at some of these guys' products: http://www.ardexaustralia.com/

Pricey but it's good stuff.

TassieKiwi
8th February 2006, 12:36 PM
Have a look at some of these guys' products: http://www.ardexaustralia.com/

Pricey but it's good stuff.

He should have had a 50mm drop to where the door seal sits, to prevent any water coming in under the door. Self-levelling compound might look worse than a sawcut (think big grey cowpat) tho' you could paint.

silentC
8th February 2006, 12:40 PM
But at least it would be level. I've used the Ardit floor levelling stuff and it feathers out to nothing. It will be a different colour but it is only a shed!

Barry_White
8th February 2006, 01:26 PM
:mad: The B who poured the slab for my shed left a low spot right in the miiddle of the roller door. when it rains a pool of water about 1 metre round but only 5mm deep forms. I was considering running a shallow saw cut across the front of the door to drain the water away. can anyone see a problem with this?
Mine does that but after 26 years I've learnt to live with it. Out Narromine way it should dry up in about 15 minutes after it stops raining and if it really bothers you get a squeegee and sweep it out the door after it stops raining.

Termite
8th February 2006, 01:26 PM
but it is only a shed!
Sacrilege! How dare you talk about my kingdom that way, the only place in my realm where I am absolute lord of all I survey..................well until SWMBO enters. :o

silentC
8th February 2006, 02:03 PM
You have a point, brother Termite. Self-flagellation will commence :eek:

Ashore
8th February 2006, 03:29 PM
One way might be to drill a 10/12mm hole through the slab at the center of the low spot
Promlems though if you hit any reho or stone on the way through
Would need a long masonary drill
Depending on amount of water may wash away some foundation over time
Just a thought :cool:

Howdya do that
8th February 2006, 03:56 PM
Barry, it would dry in about 3 minutes at the moment. Problem is I must have massive shed rats because every time I lift the door there are tools or timber lying were the pool forms and my two angelic children never did it.
looking like a cow pat may not be a bad option. If I could make it smell too, SWMBO would never be checking for new tools bought without authority.

DavidG
8th February 2006, 06:55 PM
If I could make it smell tooDynamic lifter ???? :p

Greg Q
8th February 2006, 08:12 PM
Hmmmm. For best results I use "Blood and Bone". Lovely when wet.:eek: