PDA

View Full Version : Timers

Tools
23rd December 2023, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know of a consumer grade timer that can turn on for 5 then off for 15 for a set period throughout the day? Best I can find so far is on for 15 and off for 15.

Tools

Bohdan
23rd December 2023, 02:37 PM
This might suit. (https://agmelectrical.com.au/24-timers-electrical-wholesale-supplies/2-channel-2-pole-24-hour-and-7-day-digital-timer-with-battery-backup-din-rail-mount-tc-ahc822.html)

r3nov8or
23rd December 2023, 03:24 PM
I have several of this type
jaycar.com.au (https://www.jaycar.com.au/mains-timer-with-lcd-display/p/MS6114?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAhJWsBhAaEiwAmrNyq_UBQ_gTRz7MbdtbQ5eqCr5PsasNUs5QHtCWQUvCVgwGlDAdCxy9BhoCKTQQAvD_BwE)

Assuming the same functionality as mine, you can do 10 sets of on/off in a 24 hour period, of any period you like, choosing from several combinations of which days per week (one day up to every day)

I didn't pay that much, but Crest no longer seem to do them (?)

There are also lots of smart home versions around these days (cost more again)

jack620
23rd December 2023, 08:09 PM
These will do whatever time schedule you want. Requires a wifi connection. Program via an app which is easy to use.

TP-LINK TAPO-P110(1-pack) Tapo Mini Wi-Fi Plug with Energy Monitoring at The Good Guys (https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/tp-link-tapo-mini-wi-fi-plug-with-energy-monitoring-tapo-p1101-pack)

They also have a random function (for lamps when you are away) and sunset/sunrise triggering.

Tools
24th December 2023, 10:00 AM
Thanks gents, I think Jack's option might work best for me. It can do 32 presets and I don;t know if on is one and off is another or on/off is counted as one, but worst case I can get 5.5 hours a day of it doing what I want. Hopefully on/off is counted as one which means I would get 8 hours.

Tools

jack620
24th December 2023, 10:12 AM
t can do 32 presets and I don;t know if on is one and off is another or on/off is counted as one...

I don't know either sorry. But even if it doesn't work for your current project, I guarantee you'll find a use for it somewhere else in the home. I have four of them at my place.

Pulse
24th December 2023, 09:18 PM
have a look at Sonoff basic 4, can’t beat the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jack620
24th December 2023, 10:12 PM
have a look at Sonoff basic 4, can’t beat the price

Does it allow you to set timing schedules of the type Tools wants? I had a look at the Sonoff website and the documentation is terrible.

Pulse
25th December 2023, 12:41 PM
Does it allow you to set timing schedules of the type Tools wants? I had a look at the Sonoff website and the documentation is terrible.

not 100% sure, the software seems pretty flexible, I’m yet to program it, costs about $5 which i’m happy to waste

wozzzzza
26th December 2023, 10:40 AM
sonoff is cool, you can do what you want with these things, i have several and they are brilliant, yes you can set up how you want i think.

Tools
26th December 2023, 11:35 AM
Just picked up one of those Tapo plug-ins which was only $16.50 from Bunnos. Pretty easy to program but each on or off is counted as one function and being limited to only 32 functions per day I am a little short of the number of functions per day that ideally I was after. I believe that this can be increased with a software upgrade so I will look in to this.

Tools