PDA

View Full Version : The more you do the btter you get at it

buzsaw
14th January 2006, 12:23 AM
Hi all,

Have been practicing my spraying of lacquer and after a fair amount of pain I can really see some improvement in the end result. This coffee table is the best finish yet, pretty happy with it :).

Not trying to gloat here as I still have a long way to go until I am truly satisfied with the quality of my finishes. Anyway just thought there might be others out there like me trying to get there and thought I would share my improvement.

What I have learnt is spraying is worth it and although there is a lot to learn it isn't impossible. I am glad I have persisted and will keep going until I have it spot on.

Cheers,

Buz.

redwood
14th January 2006, 12:27 AM

Buz well done:D your spray painting is so impressive id swear the painting above the coffee table is a real TV;)

buzsaw
14th January 2006, 12:49 AM
Hey Redwood,

I believe I captured the essence of the living room pretty well, reasonably good persective :)

Shedhand
14th January 2006, 01:04 AM
Hey Redwood,

I believe I captured the essence of the living room pretty well, reasonably good persective :)Looks good Buzz. My old peepers aren't as good as they used to be, can you put a little more light on the subject please?:)

Richardwoodhead
14th January 2006, 08:11 AM
Looks real good Buz. Jarrah takes on an especially beautiful appearance with lacquer. Other lighter timbers come up pretty well with many differrent finishes. But Jarrah seems "made" for lacquer, IMHO.

Richard

greenie512
14th January 2006, 12:47 PM
Buz - any tips you've learnt on the way?

buzsaw
14th January 2006, 07:38 PM
Buz - any tips you've learnt on the way?

Hi Greenie,

Yep...read all the threads you can find on here about spraying, they were terrific help. Richard Woodheads is the one of the best threads, lots of great contributions from many people. Thanks to all.

More material is best and lots of practice. Change the settings on one item (air pressure, fan etc) at a time and if possible watch someone spray. Everyone is different but you can learn so much watching what someone does that you might miss if thery were trying to explain it.

Cheers,

Buz.

redneckgater
26th January 2006, 04:55 AM
hay there,
like you iv just started dooing some woodworking. and am about to start pollying a tater bin slash cabnint i just finished. your finish looks great. keep up the good work

mike

martrix
26th January 2006, 11:05 AM
Looks good Buzz. My old peepers aren't as good as they used to be, can you put a little more light on the subject please?:)

how's this?

journeyman Mick
26th January 2006, 11:11 AM
how this?

Hey Martrix, does Buz know you snuck into his lounge room with some portafloods to snap a photo?:eek: :p

Mick