PDA

View Full Version : Slow to open

Peter White
25th October 2022, 06:56 AM
Hi Does anyone know why the site is so slow has been for a couple of days. I nearly give up waiting for anything to open.

Chesand
25th October 2022, 07:04 AM
Hi Does anyone know why the site is so slow has been for a couple of days. I nearly give up waiting for anything to open.

Has been slow for me also. I thought it might have been my laptop.

Bushmiller
25th October 2022, 07:07 AM
PW

It has been the same for me and between the various sections: I think this coincides with the recent work performed on the site and I expect is a teething trouble that will be ironed out shortly.

Hang in there. Don't give up completely.

:)

Regards
Paul

Beardy
25th October 2022, 07:12 AM
Experiencing the same issue

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2022, 07:16 AM
Ive put in a query to Steven to have a look at this, I’ve also noticed this as well.

ubeaut
25th October 2022, 12:37 PM
:dunno::hmm: Working on it. :gaah::throw:

In the meantime, for anyone still not seeing the Favicon do a hard refresh (Ctrl & Refesh together) of the page you're on and the icon will/should cum up after a while
Neil :damn:

Bohdan
25th October 2022, 01:42 PM
Tried that.- Nothing happened.

It also feels like it's even a lot slower than yesterday.

Bohdan
25th October 2022, 02:15 PM
Favicon appearing but still slow.

China
25th October 2022, 03:14 PM
Yep me too all everything has slowed down, also getting a page to say checking if my connection is secure "never had that before"

Chesand
25th October 2022, 03:44 PM
also getting a page to say checking if my connection is secure "never had that before"

Same here

BobL
25th October 2022, 05:44 PM
Yep me too all everything has slowed down, also getting a page to say checking if my connection is secure "never had that before"

Yep - a couple of times I have been repeatedly asked for the usual "I am not a robot " check using images of horses?.

rwbuild
25th October 2022, 05:58 PM
Yep, all of the above for me too
What I have noticed is its slow to log into a thread then quick to navigate within that thread, then slow to get out, rinse and repeat for any other threads

ubeaut
25th October 2022, 11:08 PM
OK. So... WWF has been under attack by bad guys. In the 24 hours prior to 2:00pm today over 65,000 hits on the forum had been blocked. It appears to be mostly coming out of India with help from USA, France and a couple of others

From Steven at 7:45 pm tonight
Feels like we're sorted for now. The database server was doing over 500 queries per second, it normally does about one-tenth of that.

The site has been put into a Super High Security Mode. Which is why some may see the "checking if connection is secure" notice when you log on. You should only see it once as the server checks to make sure your IP, username etc. is not one used for spamming or other bad stuff. If it is, you will be denied access to the forums and will end up on an ever-increasing list of ne'er-do-well mongrels that are trying to ruin it for all the good people online.

Hopefully this will be an end to the problems. But who knows. All we can do is keep vigilant and report any problems that you may see ASAP so we can get on top of them in a timely manner.

As for favicon the hard refresh definitely does work and the icon will come back, it may take e little while, but it will work.

For most operating systems
CTRL & F5 or CTRL & Refresh

If that doesn't work, do an online search for Hard Refresh and find the hard refresh keys right one for your computer and operating system.

Cheers - Neil :U

Chesand
26th October 2022, 06:51 AM
All good this morning. Very quick.

Peter White
27th October 2022, 05:39 AM
I still find it slower than used to be.

crowie
27th October 2022, 07:50 AM
And still very slow here... sorry Neil & Steven :C

AJ.
27th October 2022, 08:21 AM
Yeah still slow here as has been the case for a few days.

what is a favicon? I googled it and still don’t know that term means.

I generally access the forum on an IPad.

Cheers Andrew

mature one
27th October 2022, 11:17 AM
very slow have to wait for any page to open,dont envy the admin.

DJ’s Timber
27th October 2022, 11:33 AM
I still find it slower than used to be.

I’ve reported to Neil and Steven again :2tsup:

what is a favicon? I googled it and still don’t know that term means.

It’s the the little symbol in the address bar at the top of the page as shown in this image circled in red.

ubeaut
27th October 2022, 12:03 PM
Working on it... Yet again!

Hopefully have it resolved soon(ish).

WWF has been put into "Under Attack Mode" they must be hitting us really heavy to have slowed it again.

Not happy Jan... :~

If you see anything a bit sus please either report it or use Contact Us form at bottom of all pages.

ubeaut
27th October 2022, 11:35 PM
Back again to pretty good from around 9:00pm today 27/10/22.

Let's hope we can keep it this way for more than a day this time.

:B

steven
29th October 2022, 09:38 AM
So far so good boss :2tsup:

ubeaut
29th October 2022, 01:06 PM
Steven did more tweaking of the firewall and server configuration this morning. Which dropped the load a lot as soon as it was done. Server load is sitting in the nicely-nicely range for now.
https://www.ubeaut.biz/woohoo.gif
Just out of interest below is a list of bots that have been attacking the forums. Not all are bad some are good but well over 10 million since we changed to the new server.

Over 1,000,000 hits yesterday alone. :~

Bad ones are blocked, :bgrab: good ones are let through. :realbighug:

Click on the below image to view in new tab. Then...
Click it twice more to enlarge for reading.
If you're interested that, if not don't bother.

BEM
2nd November 2022, 08:59 PM
Yep - a couple of times I have been repeatedly asked for the usual "I am not a robot " check using images of horses?.

I'm finding that's happening all over the net lately. The big boys don't like us hiding behind VPN's. It interfere's with their data gathering. They're trying to dissuade us with annoyance.