PDA

View Full Version : White shelack -where to buy

forge
21st December 2005, 07:57 AM
Anyone knows where to buy white or bleached shelack in 1kg bags ?
Also hyde glue ?Regards ,Bela :)

Termite
21st December 2005, 08:23 AM
From none other than the bloke that pays for and provides this forum. Niel Ellis of UBeaut. http://www.ubeaut.com.au/

RufflyRustic
21st December 2005, 11:07 AM
And it's brilliant!!!! Next time I buy some, I'll buy it in the large container, not the 500ml bottle.

cheers
RufflyRustic

Gumby
21st December 2005, 04:43 PM
I think forge means the flakes, not the ready mixed. I don't thinkl Neil sells flakes. But anyway, like Ruffly said, Neil's is brilliant stuff. Buy it in preference to mixing up your own.

forge
21st December 2005, 05:19 PM
I think forge means the flakes, not the ready mixed. I don't thinkl Neil sells flakes. But anyway, like Ruffly said, Neil's is brilliant stuff. Buy it in preference to mixing up your own.
Thank's for reply's .I'm sure Neil mixes faboulous products.I'm looking for flakes
of shelack and hide glue.
Regards ,Bela :)

Gumby
21st December 2005, 05:52 PM
I think Bunnings sell shellac flakes

Termite
21st December 2005, 06:12 PM
He sells the hide glue but the site only shows orange shellac flakes.

Greg Q
21st December 2005, 06:19 PM
I bought some clear shellac from him two years ago-I have been hoarding it, but its almost all gone. Please don't tell me I have to go search elsewhere for more.

Greg

forge
21st December 2005, 08:55 PM
I bought some clear shellac from him two years ago-I have been hoarding it, but its almost all gone. Please don't tell me I have to go search elsewhere for more.
Greg
are you talking about white shelack flakes?:confused:
Bela

forge
21st December 2005, 08:59 PM
Last time i looked they did not have white.
Regards, Bela,:)

Greg Q
21st December 2005, 09:06 PM
Hi Bela...

The stuff that I bought was called "clear" or "blonde" or some such, and came
in a pellet form. Disolves pretty much like the flakes and gives very little colour shift the way regular shellac does.

WRT the hide glue, Neil sells it under it's "Pearl Glue" name.

Bunnings and Mitre 10 have only stocked the regular shellac flakes that I have ever seen.

forge
21st December 2005, 09:27 PM
Hi Bela...

The stuff that I bought was called "clear" or "blonde" or some such, and came
in a pellet form. Disolves pretty much like the flakes and gives very little colour shift the way regular shellac does.

WRT the hide glue, Neil sells it under it's "Pearl Glue" name.

Bunnings and Mitre 10 have only stocked the regular shellac flakes that I have ever seen.
Have phoned ,sent email.The clear or blond is what we are after,so it does not darken the wood.
Regards ,Bela:)

ubeaut
22nd December 2005, 10:46 AM
G'day Bela - White Shellac and Dewaxed White Shellac (which we have) isn't readily available in its powder form as it has a very short shelf life if not stored under very strict environmental conditions. It is always best to buy it in liquid form unlike ordinary shellac which is better purchased in the flake form for mixing yourself.

Our dewaxed white shellac won't change the colour of your timber any more than wetting it with water.

Cheers - Neil http://www.ubeaut.com.au/santasml.gif

forge
22nd December 2005, 06:56 PM
G'day Bela - White Shellac and Dewaxed White Shellac (which we have) isn't readily available in its powder form as it has a very short shelf life if not stored under very strict environmental conditions. It is always best to buy it in liquid form unlike ordinary shellac which is better purchased in the flake form for mixing yourself.

Our dewaxed white shellac won't change the colour of your timber any more than wetting it with water.

Cheers - Neil http://www.ubeaut.com.au/santasml.gif

Thanks, Neil.what is the shelf life of mixed dewaxed white shellack?
Regards ,Bela

Auld Bassoon
22nd December 2005, 07:14 PM

They do, and it's ok if you want to sort out the toe-nail clippings, fag butts, etc and then see a murky poo that even the finest dernier stockings have a problem with in straining.

In any case, what sort of bloke goes shopping for stockings:cool: I ask you:eek: :D :D

Actually, I have several jars of the stuff mixed up, but would only use it as a sanding sealer; Neil's stuff is WAAAAAAY better:)

Did I mention the time I went into a Berkley Square, W1, very elegant lingerie store to buy a Christmas pressy for the GFoD? Reduced to using hand-spans and sample staff (!) as a sizing exercise :D

Sturdee
22nd December 2005, 07:48 PM
In any case, what sort of bloke goes shopping for stockings:cool: I ask you:eek: :D :D

At this time of the year there would be plenty of them buying them as presents.:rolleyes:

Did I mention the time I went into a Berkley Square, W1, very elegant lingerie store to buy a Christmas pressy for the GFoD? Reduced to using hand-spans and sample staff (!) as a sizing exercise :D

Would have been fun to see you do that.:D

Peter.