PDA

View Full Version : Water Based Urethane Polish

Hootsmon
24th November 2005, 09:16 AM
Hi All,
I was in Bunnies yesterday and noticed Cabots have a water based urethane for floorpolishing. Suitable for cork tiles etc. I'm planning to do this in the near future and wondered if anyone has any experience with the water based stuff. Ie longevity of finish etc.
Cheers all

Gaza
24th November 2005, 10:11 AM
can not direclty comment on Cabotes but water based floor finshes ie water based poly's are great products and under used in Aus. no toxic smell like std poly and no edge bonding issues, water based (Bona Kem) range is used to finshes timber floors in shopping centres and other high traffic areas,

If DIY would buy product from timber flooring trade depo / supplies as it will be more cost effective plus guys in shop can give you hints and tips, some prodcuts are applied with roller while others are done with a bar which is simliar to the window washer. let us know what product you are thinking about and ill give you some pointers, Also drying time between coats drops dwon to with in a few hours not a day like std polys and tung oils.

Hootsmon
24th November 2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks for that, I was thinking of going the cabots water based as it comes in 1 lt. The room I'm doing is only 2 squares. I bought the cork tiles from the tradies shop but the only urethane they have is like 4 lt or something huge that i dont need. I don't even know if they have water based stuff. The cabots goes on with a roller and being a water clean up will be much easier.