PDA

View Full Version : Signature, Control panel ??

redminch
12th July 2020, 09:10 AM
I cannot add a signature or even see the user control panel. Why?
Can someone tell me how to get access?

Regards

poundy
12th July 2020, 09:43 AM
try this link to see if you can get to the page direct? https://www.woodworkforums.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

redminch
13th July 2020, 09:54 AM
Thanks Poundy
That worked for my signature. But there should be a User Control Panel tab at the top left. According to instructions I have read.
A mystery why some things are blocked for access?

poundy
13th July 2020, 09:59 AM
you're not a new user, but you're also not an old user (age aside - who knows? :) )

Here's what my very-top-right area looks like on a browser on PC. What do you see?

From there, you need to go into the "Settings" section which is where the signature panel option was for me. (edited out the mistake - thanks @treecycle for QC checks!)

Treecycle
13th July 2020, 11:08 AM
Shouldn't you be going to "Settings" as the signature and everything else is in there.
The other way is to use the "Forum Actions" button towards the top left and that also gives you options to make changes.

poundy
13th July 2020, 12:55 PM
Treecycle, good pick up, that's what I meant to say ! Editing for correctness

ubeaut
23rd July 2020, 11:38 AM
A mystery why some things are blocked for access?

Some things have to be earned and they are earned by number of posts/threads you make.

We don't publicise the numbers as it's only a help to spammers and other ne'er-do-wells who wish to do harm to the forums.

As for the Control Panel. Can you show me where you read that, with a link please, been doing this for over 21 years now and can't recall seeing anywhere mention of Control Panel in top right corner. Only the Notifications, My Profile, Settings etc as shown in poundys' post.

Cheers - Neil :U

PS this isn't twitter so please don't use the @ before a name or subject. :doh:

Sturdee
23rd July 2020, 07:39 PM
As for the Control Panel. Can you show me where you read that, with a link please, been doing this for over 21 years now and can't recall seeing anywhere mention of Control Panel in top right corner. Only the Notifications, My Profile, Settings etc as shown in poundys' post.

User control panel is mentioned in the FAG under the changing user details panel (https://www.woodworkforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_user_cp).

Peter.