PDA

View Full Version : missing her already

E. maculata
13th November 2005, 03:33 PM
Reggie dog(12 yr old b/collie) & I are currently invoking the last clause from Christophas real mens code of conduct as seen here http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=8114&highlight=retrosexual

for Bessiebear, affectionately known as "bear" last seen chasing a rabbit towards the clearing at the end of the forest at 12.45 pm today
Godspeed Beary girl, we'll see you again

beautiful dog with the biggest personality & heart that just refused to stop beating.

Bloody canine epilepsy is just too cruel

zenwood
13th November 2005, 05:33 PM
Went doing what doggies love to do. Better than lots of other ways to shuffle off...

E. maculata
13th November 2005, 06:05 PM
Sorry was a bit obtuse in that post feeling a bit emotional.
Bear died in our arms at the vets this afternoon after 2 days of "cluster" epileptic seizures that came on with no warning, after 6 months with no signs since her last attacks, thought we had it under control with mild drugs but nothing could control it this time, within 48 hrs she lost the ability to walk, barely could recognise us and was hugely distressed, she was 10 and her old mate has turned the place upside down looking for her and is now sitting looking out the front windows whining. Bloody silly little black dog :D was part of our family.

zenwood
13th November 2005, 06:49 PM
That's sad.:(

craigb
13th November 2005, 07:36 PM
Sorry to hear that mate. It's tough losing a pet.

We had to have our 17 year old cat (yeah yeah I know :rolleyes: ) put down in April so I know where you are coming from.

Craig

Auld Bassoon
13th November 2005, 08:30 PM
Hi Bruce,

That's sad and I can empathise with how you must feel.

aabb
13th November 2005, 08:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog. I have two great dogs and dread the day when I loose them ..... they are so close I would feel for one left behind too...

Albert

Caliban
13th November 2005, 08:45 PM
Shut up Bruce.
Just bloody shut up.
We don't want to be reminded of the inevitable.
Bugger you.
also sorry about your loss.

Grunt
14th November 2005, 09:49 AM
It is so sad when you lose a family member. We lost our Bree dog 18 months ago and we're still not over it.

They still live on in you memories.

ptc
14th November 2005, 10:37 AM
Been there, it breaks your heart.
we lost our first husky at 3 1/2 yrs. 2 days after she left us we took on the
one that is to the left of this.it helped to ease the loss.
"and she bites." pic of her two mates

Clinton1
14th November 2005, 10:39 AM
I sympathise and feel for you.
I had to put my girl Dobie down two years ago and it still hurts. Can't drive past the vets without feeling depressed.
They get into your heart don't they.

silentC
14th November 2005, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear it mate :(

Both of our guys have gone, Sax about 4 years ago and Jessie last year. Haven't got a new mate yet but we're on the lookout.

TEEJAY
14th November 2005, 01:37 PM
Sympathies to you Bruce - I have two little bitch friends they are part of the family - the vet is getting rich from mine and toads and ticks but .....hey we love em.

Cheers mate ;)

bennylaird
14th November 2005, 01:42 PM
Selfless devotion, no wonder we love our pets more than human companions at times, lol.

They leave a big hollow in your life when they move on. Sympathies mate!.

dai sensei
14th November 2005, 09:37 PM
My heart goes out to you mate, I lost mine last year. Mine is in the back yard with a cross made from the best rosewood I had.

Cheers

savage
15th November 2005, 11:31 PM
Sad to hear of your loss, but they don't call them "mans best friend" for nothing, it's not "like" loosing a friend, you do loose friend!:(
savage(Eric):(