PDA

View Full Version : Packing Washer

sussertown
5th December 2017, 09:44 AM
I have a cheap spray gun, two really. there's a packing washer that goes in the forward end around the needle. I think to keep the liquid from backing up. This thing looks like rolled plumber's tape. with brush cleaning the stupid thing falls apart. Sherwin Williams sells me a new one for a ridiculous price. On the internet I'd probably have to pay shipping to match. It seems to me there should be something that would work to replace this device. Something I could get at a hobby store or hardware store. Any thoughts? Actually I'm not sure the original stuff looked like what I get from Sherwin Williams but that's evidently what they use on their guns.

KBs PensNmore
5th December 2017, 11:53 PM
Pictures would help, please. Do you know what brand it is and model number?
Kryn

sussertown
6th December 2017, 01:41 AM
Pictures would help, please. Do you know what brand it is and model number?
Kryn

Neiko 31215A HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun | 1.7mm Nozzle Size | 600cc Aluminum Cup.The item looks like a thimble, but much smaller. I believe it's called a packing washer. I believe these are fairly universal inasmuch as they have to wrap themselves around the needle.

China
6th December 2017, 03:24 PM
Packing nuts are usually only a couple of dollars I would take the gun to a spare parts suppler and see what they have