PDA

View Full Version : G'Day from Stu in Melbourne

Stu Smith
26th April 2017, 10:57 AM
Hi All,
My name is Stu Smith,
I am in Melbourne at the moment, under sufferance.

My interest is in carving martial arts weapons (by hand with wood rasps) particularly Bokken, which are the Japanese training swords for Kendo, Aikido and other Japanese arts.

I have progressed to the stage where I am testing on a rig I have made, with testing trying to replicate the human body.
Mmmm, sounds a bit morbid put like that, but it's a bit of fun, as well as proving our Aussie timbers can compete with the best in the world.

Below is a link to some testing videos, please forgive the sense of humour (such as it is).

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=samisabokken

All the best,

Stu

old1955
26th April 2017, 12:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Stu.

crowie
26th April 2017, 10:51 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Stu".
There are a stack members across the Melbourne area, quite a few in country Victoria plus lots more across the rest of the country & the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork......
Cheers crowie

PS _ Keep an eye out on the forum for Melbourne Get Togethers as a great way of meeting like minded folk....

Stu Smith
27th April 2017, 02:03 PM
Hi old1955 and Crowie, thanks for the welcome, hope to see you about.

Cheers,

Stu

JJF
28th April 2017, 07:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Stu

Stu Smith
28th April 2017, 12:43 PM
Hi JJF, thanks for the welcome

Christos
2nd May 2017, 07:07 AM
Welcome to the forum.