PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

theoldsarge
1st January 2017, 10:39 AM
Been a member for awhile now, but had never posted. Thought I had introduced myself, but guess not.

Retired Army (US), now retired period. Various likes and hobbies, including woodworking. Started helping my grandfather at probably about age 7. First shop class in 4th grade, yes, 4th. Took shop until graduated high school. Various woodworking project over the years, now basically concentrating on unique wood canes, kids puzzle rocking chairs, monster truck banks, and piggy banks. Life is basically good.

Cliff Rogers
1st January 2017, 10:43 AM
G'day.

crowie
1st January 2017, 11:29 AM
G'Day & Welcome to the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "theoldsarge".
There are quite a few members from North American and the rest of the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.....
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie [go Navy]

PS - Check out the Toymaking section of the forum as we have a top mob of blokes for some inspiration, encouragement and assistance....
http://www.woodworkforums.com/f174

old1955
1st January 2017, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the forum.

JJF
4th January 2017, 07:29 AM
Welcome to a forum

theoldsarge
4th January 2017, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys. Not been in the shop for awhile, to many other things with higher priorities - it's called life. Hoping to get back in soon, have redone all my old cane handle designs, and how I make them. Also finishing up my piggybank and monster truck designs. That's one benefit of not being In the shop. I'll try to post photos every once in awhile also. Later.

Nanigai
4th January 2017, 08:10 PM
G'day Sarge, good to see you have taken the time to dip your finger in the water. This is a great forum and we look forward to seeing some of your work, Cheers, Ian

Christos
11th January 2017, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the forum.