PDA

View Full Version : Hi, from the other side of the planet :)

Daniel80
6th December 2016, 07:11 AM
Hi everyone,

I am Daniel from southern Germany (near Munich), 36, Electronic Engineer, 2 Kids and I spend a lot of my (rare) spare time with woodworks (especially in winter when weather is cold outside as now).

I mainly manufacture furniture for my own use since about 6 years.

Six weeks ago, I have created a youtube channel where I want to share my projects with others in the future.
Also I post about technical aspects of woodworking tools (unboxings, improvements etc).
I'm not sure how to upload my completed projects, because I have no video material of the individual steps.
I mean I don't know if it is helpful for people to have a video about a completed project without having the individual steps provided.
(Any opinions appreciated thanks)

Since you Aussies seem to have a great woodworking culture, I am glad to have found this forum.
I am really looking forward to exchange with you.

BTW:
When we spent our holidays around Perth (Rockingham) a few years ago, I couldn't belive how awesome and friendly your country and the people are (I am serious).

Please apologize for any language issues, especially if it comes to technical terms (I am on the way to improve :))

So far,
Daniel

Rod Gilbert
6th December 2016, 08:21 AM
Hi Daniel and welcome to the forum, You will find it a very helpful and friendly environment the knowledge and skill's here are vast and varied any type of project can be found and help given hope to see some of you're work on here and try to give work in progress photo's they are always greatly appreciated.
Regards Rod.

old1955
6th December 2016, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the forum Daniel.

Ross

crowie
7th December 2016, 08:47 AM
G'Day & Welcome "to the Great South Land" & to a top forum "Daniel".
There are quite a few members from the EU plus the UK on the forum as well as across the rest of the world..
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [work in progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

PS - Next visit DownUnder you could have a look at the east coast....
It's also currently nice and warm here....

Template Tom
9th December 2016, 01:54 PM
Daniel
Welcome to the forum and like others I am also interested in what you produce. I specialize with the use of the router and have introduced greater safety awareness when using the router for a number of projects I have posted a number of videos on youtube for all to see demonstrating what really can be achieved with the router in the plunge mode with the aid of the template guides

Daniel80
13th December 2016, 03:18 AM
Thanks guys,

I do not want anything better than comming over for a visit to the east coast. I ve heard so much of it must be awesome.
Sadly it's a big effort to get your family around the globe, but definitely we will come over sometime.

My son (7) had birthday and therefore I have build an Interactive candy launching catapult for his birthday party.
If you are interested, I posted it in the toy making forum (I hope it is the right one for this).

So long
Daniel

JJF
21st December 2016, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the forum Daniel

Christos
4th January 2017, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the forum.

P.W.H.
5th January 2017, 03:51 PM
Guten Tag, und willkommen!