PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a Wood Ship Modeller

woodenships
16th September 2015, 01:26 PM
Hi folks, I thought I had better join and introduce myself having lurked on the site for a while. The final push came from a friendly forum member at the Melbourne Working with Wood show last Saturday. As the avatar suggests, I am a wood ship modeller but I also dabble with wood projects. I am about to retire (Nov this year) and have pretty well set up my workshop; but, I still like to improve storage/ease of use/functionality of the workshop so I have joined to access the collective wisdom and experience. I look forward to a lot of learning and getting to know you all.
cheers
Pat

CAG
16th September 2015, 02:33 PM
Hi folks, I thought I had better join and introduce myself having lurked on the site for a while. The final push came from a friendly forum member at the Melbourne Working with Wood show last Saturday. As the avatar suggests, I am a wood ship modeller but I also dabble with wood projects. I am about to retire (Nov this year) and have pretty well set up my workshop; but, I still like to improve storage/ease of use/functionality of the workshop so I have joined to access the collective wisdom and experience. I look forward to a lot of learning and getting to know you all.
cheers
Pat

Hi Pat and welcome to the family! The Woodwork Forums family has crazy uncles, goofy cousins, etc. Plenty of sound advice, inspiration, discussion and photographs are most welcome (some say mandatory: If there's no photos, it didn't happen!)

Who did you speak with on Saturday at the Show? I was manning the Stand for the middle of the day but I didn't partake in any ship modelling discussion.

Craig aka CAG

crowie
16th September 2015, 04:18 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Pat".
There are a heap of members in & around Melbourne as well as across the rest of Victoria..
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [work in progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers, crowie

PS - Great news to hear you joined after visiting the forum stand at the Melbourne Wood Show....

PLEASE make sure you make yourself known on the Toymakers & Scale Modelers subsection of the forum...top mob of blokes....

old1955
16th September 2015, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the forum Pat.

woodenships
17th September 2015, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the welcome and be sure I will post plenty of photos once I start a project or two. Thanks for the pointer Crowie, I will also look in on the toys and scale models forum.

Craig; it would have been just before midday on Saturday, and I don't think I raised the hobby but did mention I had been lurking on the site :) I don't think it was at your stand but near the down escalator at the back of the first floor.

cheers

Pat

CAG
17th September 2015, 10:33 PM
Craig; it would have been just before midday on Saturday, and I don't think I raised the hobby but did mention I had been lurking on the site :) I don't think it was at your stand but near the down escalator at the back of the first floor.

That was the Forum stand but at that time it probably wasn't me.

JJF
18th September 2015, 05:25 AM
Welcome to a forum

Allan at Wallan
18th September 2015, 06:06 PM
I volunteered on Friday so it wasn't me, but very glad to see
you have joined forces with us.

I trust you enjoy our company.

Allan

Keith_1
18th September 2015, 10:07 PM
Yes Mate,

Welcome to the Forum.

Really good people willing to assist and give advice.

All the best with your retirement - it is a fantastic time. Enjoy yourself:2tsup:

Regards

Keith

crowie
18th September 2015, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome and be sure I will post plenty of photos once I start a project or two. Thanks for the pointer Crowie, I will also look in on the toys and scale models forum.
cheers Pat

G'day Pat,
I'd be and I'm sure others too would be very interested in your previous builds/models,
so PLEASE post a new threads in the toymaking or model making sub-sections and meet the gang....
Cheers, crowie

Christos
2nd October 2015, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Pittwater Pete
2nd October 2015, 10:33 PM
Welcome Pat. I'm looking forward to viewing some of your models. Enjoy the forum, it's great.
Pete.