PDA

View Full Version : G'Day from Cranbourne/Pakenham SE of Melbourne

AndyGuid
5th May 2015, 12:02 PM
Hi,

I am novice woodworker and have been busy slowly organising my work-area and acquiring an affordable set of tools, but need to ask for some help, in another thread.

I've been a member here for a wee while and have been lurking on the forums for a while longer and soaking up ideas mainly from the Shed and Work Bench forums.

I have lived most of my human life in Africa and Europe, but all my grandkids now live downunder, so I recently also immigrated and Australia will be the continent where I intend to push-up daisies!Before then I expect to learn loads and hopefully even meet up with some of the good folk on here to whom I feel apprenticed.

Heavens knows I could also do worse than eventually support Oz in the cricket. ;-)

Andy

Christos
5th May 2015, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the forum.

And yes I do support the Australian Cricket Team. :hapy:

Euge
5th May 2015, 04:48 PM
Welcome Andy!

You are not that far away from me in Warragul. Should you wish to learn about (or acquire) a variety of Australian woods to work with let me know by PM or email. I will be happy to help you. Maybe you can drop in one day and have a look around? What do you plan to make/ build as a woodowking hobby?

In the meantime enjoy the cricket, the grandkids and creatng a new nice workshop / shed to make items in.

Eugene

old1955
5th May 2015, 04:58 PM
Welcome to the forum Andy.

chrisb691
5th May 2015, 05:10 PM
Welcome aboard Andy. But please keep to the standard font in your posts, so us older folk can read them.

crowie
6th May 2015, 08:10 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Andy" and Australia the lucky country, great place to live.
There are a heap of members in & around Melbourne as well as across the rest of Victoria.
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [work in progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers, crowie

JJF
9th May 2015, 06:33 AM
Welcome to the forum

Seymore Butts
9th May 2015, 01:11 PM
Welcome and Enjoy