PDA

View Full Version : Old/New member saying G'Day

Dodgyboy
29th May 2014, 11:35 AM
G'Day All, been a member here for 10 years but have only just now got re interested in turning. I have just upgraded my lathe from a Hafco to a Vicmaec VL150 and must say I am glad I did the research as it is definately worth the $$$$$.
I have worked in a Cypress Pine Sawmill since 1983 and have no plans of changing occupation any time soon. This helps feed my love of all things woodwork. Wont hurt having a ready supply of cypress to help hohn my turning skills (which are very basic at best)
I am looking forward to learning a lot from the experienced people on this forum.

crowie
29th May 2014, 08:49 PM
G'Day & Welcome Back to a top forum "Dodgy".
There are quite a few members in & around the Darling Downs plus a heap across S.E. Queensland.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork & turning ....
Cheers crowie

Christos
30th May 2014, 09:44 AM
Welcome back to the forum. Hope you continue to find this interesting and enjoyable.

Treecycle
30th May 2014, 10:39 AM
Welcome back and what a great toy you have purchased. Look forward to seeing what you produce on it now you have been hooked.

old1955
30th May 2014, 11:44 AM
Welcome back.

Perfect Pens
30th May 2014, 10:20 PM
Welcome Dodgy,

Good to see you back, enjoy !! love your lathe too :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony