PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Canberra

mickenglish
29th April 2014, 11:49 AM
My name is Mick and I live in the ACT. I'm building an aeroplane in my garage: a single-seat wood and fabric design called the Fly Baby. I'm also looking for a supplier of reclaimed timber for a pergola project.

old1955
29th April 2014, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Mick.

delbs
29th April 2014, 02:01 PM
My name is Mick and I live in the ACT. I'm building an aeroplane in my garage: a single-seat wood and fabric design called the Fly Baby. I'm also looking for a supplier of reclaimed timber for a pergola project.

Welcome to the forum Mick,

What sort of timber do you want to build the deck out of?

crowie
29th April 2014, 02:36 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Mick".
There are quite a few members in & around Canberra and across the whole country...
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [work in progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork/aeroplane.
Cheers crowie

PS may I suggest you as the timber supplier question in a few forum sections to get a bigger audience and thus local replies....

Ilya
29th April 2014, 03:21 PM
Hi Mick, welcome to forums. One commercial supplier of recycled timber in Canberra is Thors hammer, but they are not cheap. http://www.thors.com.au/

Perfect Pens
29th April 2014, 10:44 PM
Mick,

Welcome to the forums, enjoy :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony.

Trav
29th April 2014, 11:30 PM
Mick

Welcome. Sounds like a great project, building a plane.

In terms of recycled timber, Ilya's right, Thor's hammer is the best place to go. Not cheap, but good timber. I built my new deck from recycled spotted gum. Looks great, I'm really happy with it.

Trav

Christos
30th April 2014, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your visits.

JJF
2nd May 2014, 06:59 AM
Welcome to the forum.