PDA

View Full Version : Mirrortone Polyurathane

presdent121
5th May 2005, 08:48 PM
As a new member I am interseted in where I can obtain information on Mirrortone finishes and preparatory coats for use on river red gum furniture.
I beleive it is a spray job so I will have to by a compressor and spray setup

echnidna
5th May 2005, 08:56 PM
Might be wrong but don't think Mirotone make Polyurethane.
They do make furniture lacquer , Precatalysed and 2 pack. They also have sanding sealer. These are all similar to Automotive finishes to use
All 2 pack finishes need special protective gear.
Whereas precat just uses normal protective gear.
You need a spraygun setup.
Redgum comes up great with precat.

soundman
5th May 2005, 09:28 PM
Mirrotone do all sorts of stuff.
I know that they do 2 pack poly
I don't know about single pack.
But why would you bother their single pack precat nitro lacquer is good stuff.
They are quite happy to chat with you. But understand that 4L is about the smallest tin & you thinn it heaps. 4L goes a long way.

presdent121
6th May 2005, 05:35 PM
Mirrotone do all sorts of stuff.
I know that they do 2 pack poly
I don't know about single pack.
But why would you bother their single pack precat nitro lacquer is good stuff.
They are quite happy to chat with you. But understand that 4L is about the smallest tin & you thinn it heaps. 4L goes a long way.
Thanks for the info does anyone have a contact for them in Melbourne

Justin
6th May 2005, 08:20 PM
A good tip for all newbs is to use this board's search facility. Type "mirotone" into the search window and you'll be rewarded with 61 hits which discuss mirotone in varying degrees. On of those is a post from myself, passing on some advice from Mirotone's Melbourne tech support guy that their New Zealand website is heaps better than the Australian one :

http://www.mirotone.co.nz/

On it you can find full specs of all Mirotone's different finishes.

With regards to Victoria, their office is in Dandenong and a search of the yellow pages website says :

Mirotone (Vic) Pty Ltd

13 Abbotts Rd Dandenong VIC 3175
ph: (03) 9797 5888 Coatings--Protective

I'm sure they'll be able to put you onto a reseller that's closer to you than they are.

Search is a beautiful thing..................

Justin.

graemet
6th May 2005, 09:54 PM
A good tip for all newbs is to use this board's search facility.

Search is a beautiful thing..................

Justin. Very restrained, Justin

presdent121
8th May 2005, 09:41 PM
Many thanks to you all for the info on Mirotone products. I will give the Dandenog conact a call next week and have a look at the kiwi site this evening.
Thanks also for the search tip.

Salty
9th May 2005, 04:44 PM
Mirotone also do their Pre Cat Nitro Laq in pressure packs. Not much chop for large things but ideal for smaller stuff such as pens and other small turnery. I also use the sanding sealer under the Laq and polish finally with their wax using either oooo steel wool or a well worn green scotchbrite. Comes up loverly!:D
Aus website is http://www.mirotone.com.au/