PDA

View Full Version : Temperzone Air Conditioners

Homer
9th March 2005, 06:50 PM
Does anyone have any feedback (positive or negative) on Temperzone air conditioners. Also considering Daikin, Mitsubishi & Panasonic.

Thanks
Luke

Fat Pat
10th March 2005, 07:16 PM
I have a couple of Mitsubishi Splits. Hot air becomes cool, so I have no complaints.

In comparison to a wall mount RAC I had in my old house, these new types are VERY quiet!

aabb
11th March 2005, 08:14 AM
hi I have Daikin.. friend did lotor research on all brands at time (2-3 years ago and concluded these were best.

goat
11th March 2005, 09:55 AM
hi i got a daikin 8.5kw inverter and it heats (and cools) my 23 sq home nicely very cheap to run less than $10 a week

Don777
11th March 2005, 02:12 PM
Hi Luke

Welcome.. One thing to remember with any split system.. it is the cost of installation which is it the big thing.. as well a a good verses bad install...
so get a good installer.... Brand wise they are all made overseas... as aabb said daikin a few years ago,, but now they're all the same ( well almost )
I could said Toshiba ( which is carrier because i work for carrier but get a good deal and good install and you are right )

One other time get an inverter style ...this mean the compresser ( the bit outside ) runs at varable speed depending on the load.
Against the cheap ones (non Inverter) which compresser runs at fixed speed..
Basically cheaper to run, and can hold temp better

gcjstewart
19th August 2006, 10:22 PM
Temperzone domestic units are manufactured to fully meet Australian Standards for cooling, and are either manufactured in Auckland or Sydney. Stick with a brand that supports local manufacture. Contact them via www.temperzone.com.au (http://www.temperzone.com.au) which will provide details of the domestic range. Temperzone only make air conditioning units, not stereo's etc

Bluegum
20th August 2006, 07:35 AM
We just had a 7.1 inverter intsalled here at home. Came with a 5 year manufactures warranty and another 5 years from the company that installed it. I did a bit of research into aircans before we decided and IMHO Daikin seemed to be the best value for money. Some places wouldn't touch panasonic at all yet others claimed they were up there with the best.

Rossluck
20th August 2006, 11:49 AM
It's interesting that you should ask about Temperzone. I have a second hand unit that I've been trying to install for about two years. Every electrician we've lined up has simply not turned up. Ours is three-phase and we need to run wires to and through the house. I'm very close to giving up and installing it in my shed (which has three phase). This is over the top, of course, but I've reached the conclusion that It'd be cheaper to get an inverter system than to continue trying to get an electrican and then spending the $7000 to have the Temperzone installed.

It's a bummer. Through research I carried out when I bought ours, I believe Temperzone are a good brand. Probably as good as anything in the world.

Mirboo
20th August 2006, 01:56 PM
I've got a Temperzone on my house. It is a three phase unit, not sure what size. We've lived here for about 2 years and the unit was probably installed about a year before we got here. So far its performed well. The only problem we've had so far was a capacitor failed on the fan motor in the unit in the ceiling.

steery
8th November 2006, 11:12 PM
I work in an office which has 2 temperzone 3 phase 12kw cassette split systems, and neither of them have worked for more than 12 months without the compresssor packing up. One of the units died in the first 2 months that it was there, and our supplier had to order a replacement from the U.S, which took 4 months! The other had 4 gas leaks in the actual outside unit itself and it would run for a week and then need to be regassed. Once they were sorted, the compressor has died every year since. Plus been in a office, they have mounted the outside unit on the roof, and it vibrates really badly. When its in heating mode, we cannot talk normally in the office.

These units are about 4 years old, so the newer ones might be better but I would never buy one myself.

I have a fujutsu and a pansonic at my house, and they both have never had a problem. I have also been told that Daikin use all fujutsu parts, so its not worth paying the extra money as they are practically the same.

Steery

EDIT: I know a couple of technitions who work for telstra, and they told me that they have done some extensive research and testing into split systems, and they will now only use fujitsu systems in their comm's huts. They were using panasonic before they changed, and he said the only problem that they had with the panasonics is that the fan motor would burn out after about 3 years on continuous running. He said that they havnt had this problem with the fujitsu's.

spartan
9th November 2006, 01:49 PM
In attempt to high jack this thread....

How hard is it to convert a non inverter to an inverter?

Regards

Warren

China
9th November 2006, 08:42 PM
spartan, 99% sure it can't be done economicly you would need to replace just about about everything bar the cabinet