PDA

View Full Version : linter

linter
3rd April 2012, 10:42 PM
G/day everyone my name is terry,I have just joined the forum and for the first time ever got myself a lathe, trying to make pens and relax wife was told she had brest cancer a couple of months ago.Have found some new frends who have been down that road and have been great. Infact one got me hooked on the pen making to help relax,
And by the way im from Whyalla south aus if you have any tips drop me a line cheers Terry.

Crunchie
4th April 2012, 10:27 AM
Welcome to the forum, Terry. Our thoughts will be with you and your wife as you tackle your challenge of her breast cancer. I certainly hope she only gets good reports. It is good that you have found mates that have been through the same experiences.
As you can see, the pen turning forum is HUGE here. Although I'm not a turner, it is always good to hear and see the latest.
If you enjoy a beer, have one for me at the Westlands. It used to be our Friday night waterhole when I taught in Whyalla in the 70's.

Christos
5th April 2012, 04:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she gets better soon. Welcome to the forum.

JJF
6th April 2012, 06:04 AM
Welcome to the forum

seriola
6th April 2012, 08:21 AM
Good to see you all joined up and introduced Terry. Best place you will find for good advice and encouragement and not just for the turning / pen help.

Catch up with you soon, our thoughts are with you and Linda, cheers Des

munruben
9th April 2012, 07:14 AM
Welcome aboard Terry. :2tsup:

coffenup
10th April 2012, 07:38 AM
welcome to the forum
and welcome to another south aussie
regards Michael

linter
15th April 2012, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the forum, Terry. Our thoughts will be with you and your wife as you tackle your challenge of her breast cancer. I certainly hope she only gets good reports. It is good that you have found mates that have been through the same experiences.
As you can see, the pen turning forum is HUGE here. Although I'm not a turner, it is always good to hear and see the latest.
If you enjoy a beer, have one for me at the Westlands. It used to be our Friday night waterhole when I taught in Whyalla in the 70's. Crunchie Thanks for your kind thoughts,if you dont mind ill add you to my list cheers terry.

linter
15th April 2012, 10:02 AM
welcome to the forum
and welcome to another south aussie
regards Michael
Thanks for your reply michael if you dont mind ill add you to my list,Cheers Terry.

linter
15th April 2012, 10:05 AM
welcome aboard terry. :2tsup:
thanks for your reply cheers terry:u

linter
15th April 2012, 10:07 AM
Good to see you all joined up and introduced Terry. Best place you will find for good advice and encouragement and not just for the turning / pen help.

Catch up with you soon, our thoughts are with you and Linda, cheers Des
:2tsup: Thanks Des hope to catch up with you and Linda soon.:doh:

linter
15th April 2012, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the forum
Thanks mate good to be a member cheers Terry.

coffenup
20th April 2012, 07:39 AM
not a prob mate this place is a great place for info
regards Michael