PDA

View Full Version : how good are you at parking

opelblues
15th December 2011, 05:29 PM
this is what i saw in a workshop in Mackay, i can fit my hand down each side of the door way.

munruben
15th December 2011, 06:04 PM
Maybe they built the shed around it. :D

RETIRED
15th December 2011, 09:39 PM
this is what i saw in a workshop in Mackay, i can fit my hand down each side of the door way.A ton of room.:wink:

Bushmiller
15th December 2011, 10:57 PM
A lot depends on the vehicle as well as the skill of the driver. I'm always amazed how the dog trailers can be reversed.

We have an old Mazda 929 now in it's sixteenth year which is a dream to park because of it's 4WS (rear wheels steer slightly). Although it is a largish car (longer than a falcon or commodore) it extremely manoeverable, particularly in tight, surburban, parking situations.

SWMBO has had people on the pavement aplaud her parking prowess.:rolleyes: You do have to be careful not to park too close to the curb though as when driving away the rear wheels will turn in the opposite direction to the front wheels and it will put a back wheel up over the curb.

Conversely we have a commodore tray back which is so poor with rear vision that I am looking at buying a rear view camera for it. Coupled to that it has the turning circle of the Titanic:(.

Nevertheless, the truck in Mackay is still pretty good.

Regards
Paul

Grumpy John
16th December 2011, 06:07 PM
Not as tight as the truck parking, but I still wouldn't want to drive around Mykonos in a full sized sedan.

Trav
18th December 2011, 05:20 AM
I saw someone driving a hummer in Rome the other day. Funniest thing I've seen in ages. Looked like a gangsta pimp wagon, except for the dirty big scratches down each side.

Then again, I saw someone touch parking their Bentley the other day too. Who buys a 500k car and parks it on the street?

Trav

Scribbly Gum
18th December 2011, 07:39 AM

Bushmiller
18th December 2011, 07:43 AM
I saw someone driving a hummer in Rome the other day. Funniest thing I've seen in ages. Looked like a gangsta pimp wagon, except for the dirty big scratches down each side.

Trav

Trav

Was that the full size Hummer or the scaled down version? I've never been to Rome, but I imagine the back streets are not suited to anything much wider than a Fiat Bambino.:)

Regards
Paul

tea lady
18th December 2011, 10:37 AM
I use to live next to a warehouse in Fitzroy where the trucks had to revears up a drive about that wide. The had to just scrape past a post on the other side of the road first! :oo::cool: