PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Brisbane

Dave83
23rd October 2011, 11:14 PM
Hey all,

I'm a newbie here to the forum, and to playing with wood in general. I got to playing around with making some very basic fittings for a campervan, and found that I really enjoyed making something out of raw materials, and I got a real kick out of making something that was useful to someone.

I'm under 30, but on a pension with plenty of free time on my hands - so I figure that spending my time tinkering in the shed and making some small pieces of basic furniture and maybe some kid's toys would be a fun way to pass some time.

I don't know if this is the right page to post this, but I'd gratefully accept any old bits of timber or unused tools that anyone might have lying around taking up space. I'm curious to play with new tools and different types of wood, but the budget is pretty restrictive. If you have anything just lying around, maybe keep me in mind?

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone!
Cheers
Dave

crowie
24th October 2011, 11:48 AM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum Dave,
You'll find heaps of useful information and even better lots of helpful & knowledgable blokes & ladies.
Personally it's toys for me.
Enjoy your woodwork, enjoy each new day.
Cheers, crowie

JJF
25th October 2011, 12:13 AM
welcome to the group http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Cligne/b_wink.gif

munruben
25th October 2011, 10:13 AM
Welcome aboard Dave,:2tsup:

LGS
25th October 2011, 01:33 PM
G'Day Dave...welcome.

HOOKED.UP
25th October 2011, 03:47 PM
Welcome Mate.

Paul.

Christos
25th October 2011, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Most start pretty much the same way. Keep an eye out for the odd garage sale you never know what you might come across. Bit of a clean and you have a tool that is used. So far personally I have not had much luck with getting any tools from a garage sale.