PDA

View Full Version : Hello all !

crackers
27th July 2011, 02:03 PM
Hi all,Crackers here i am a 55 yr old male i live in sunny qld 20 ks west of Eumundi on the sunshine coast.With the death of 2 inlaws within an 8 week period , i realized how short a time we are on this planet. Having always wanted to build my own furniture i have started to do something about it.I have purchased a 2nd hand saw bench & joiner and am looking at buying a new thicknesser ,which bought me to this forum hoping for some advise.

Durham Lad
27th July 2011, 04:36 PM
Hi there Crackers, I currently live in Newport but will be moving up to Belli Park (not far from you) and in anticipation have joined the Cooroora Woodworkers Club in Cooroy. If you were to join they have avery good workshop with all the machines you may need for the use of members. May be a good way to start rather than buying new machines for yourself right now. Worth a look?. Anyway have fun whichever way you go and welcome to the Forum. This is my first post by the way on this forum. Brian.

crackers
28th July 2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the reply Durham Boy, coincidentally 20 ks west of Eumundi is Belli Park where i live, will certainly look up the woodworking club at Cooroy. When do you shift up to my neck of the woods?

colbra
28th July 2011, 03:10 PM
Hi Crackers welcome aboard enjoy the journey
Colbra :)

JJF
28th July 2011, 04:53 PM
Welcome aboard http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Messages/0005a.gif

Durham Lad
28th July 2011, 06:30 PM
Hi Crackers. We may move up there towards the end of this year or early next year, a bit up in the air due to having to convert an existing building to a dwelling on our Daughter and Son-in-Law's property on Ceylon Road. The timeline is a bit like a piece of string. Cheers.

wheelinround
28th July 2011, 07:16 PM
Welcome to you

You also Durham Lad nice to have more Geordies

Grommett
28th July 2011, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the both of you. Enjoy the forum and make useof the resources here. Cheers:2tsup:

rocfish13
29th July 2011, 02:04 AM
Welcome, I'm new to this forum , myself. Sorry to hear that about your in-laws. Time is short!! Gary

munruben
29th July 2011, 02:03 PM
Hi Crackers and welcome to the forum.:2tsup:

Christos
29th July 2011, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Can always do everything by hand tools. This is what is known as Dark Side. :U

Majed
29th July 2011, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the forum