PDA

View Full Version : Hello there.

John Gorman
21st July 2011, 07:32 AM
I've just found and joined this forum and it looks great. I hope I can contribute as much as I can, but I'm sure there;s a wealth of knowledge out there that far exceeds what little I've managed to retain.

I'm a (happily) retired Technical Teacher from Scotland, staying in Glasgow, I've managed to build up a wee workshop in my garage, where I spend more hours thinking about things to make, than I do making them. Not because I'm fast, just because I spend more time thinking about it. I'm told it's good therapy, and believe me, I need lots of that.

My other love (apart from SWMBO) is motorcycling. I'm often found riding around the countryside when the weather is good, (not often enough in Scotland), so I'm also found in wet weather too, or just sitting admiring the bikes in the (shared) workshop.

I'll try to contribute to the forum , but my first job is to try and make a "Cyclone Dust Extractor" to reduce the amount of time I take to brush and hoover the workshop. I'll let you know how I get on, (that means I'll be needing help soon).

John Gorman

Woodwould
21st July 2011, 08:14 AM
Welcome John! :Thyel: I'm seeing lots of fervent activity, stuff flying through the air and then a bike-powered cyclone emerging from a shed in Scotland.

kcam
21st July 2011, 10:36 AM
Welcome John, looking forward to seeing some projects out of your wee workshop :) cheers Kerry

fishflog
21st July 2011, 09:32 PM
Wecome John,

what motorcycle accompanies on your outings?

Regards Brian B

Christos
23rd July 2011, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the forum.

JJF
25th July 2011, 05:32 AM
Welcome John