PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Sydney

Vandalix
2nd July 2011, 11:13 AM
G'Day All,

Been reading alot of the posts here recently and getting a lot of great ideas and thought it would be great to join the community.

Personally i have a garage which the car unfortunately can't get down the driveway into on an account that a tree next to the driveway has grown to large (before i moved in) and hence it was a sad day telling my wife that i would have to make use of it as my woodwork shed instead :)

Got a few bits and pieces as most novices do, maybe a few more bits of power than most, bandsaw, rotary drill press, disc sander etc. But still missing lots !!!

Next on the list a nice Thicknesser...

My next project (of which i'm looking for some idea's for wood for) is a door harp, which i've just bought the zither pins and wire for from a music shop...

Anyone got some suggestions, perhaps a piece of Jarrah ?
Also where are the best timber places in Sydney ?

Thanks
Vandalix

Christos
2nd July 2011, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the forum. Not able to answer you in regards to the best place to get timber as I personally perfer to get some second hand timber.

crowie
2nd July 2011, 04:28 PM
G'Day & Welcome "Vandalix",
to a top forum full of very help & knowledgable blokes and ladies.
Sorry I can't help on the timber selection,
I just make toys from what timber I can get and recycle it.
Enjoy your woddwork.
Have a heap of fun setting up your shed.
Cheers, crowie

wheelinround
2nd July 2011, 04:55 PM
Welcome

I see you are one of us instantly using cunning, guile, lies to get your shed.:;

Timber well my first choice although he's not in Sydney but his brother is (do a search for Greg Ward) this is Mal Ward Boutique Timbers (http://www.boutiquetimbers.com/) shoot him an email and see what he can do.

otherwise you have Trend Timbers (http://www.trendtimbers.com.au/index.php)Mulgrave (Windsor way), Anagoat Marricville ? Australian Hardwoods Millperra,

Vandalix
3rd July 2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks Weelin,

I saw Trend at the Wood Work Show so i have their details, i'll definitely check out the others.

V

Christos
3rd July 2011, 12:04 PM
Did you see the forum stand at the Sydney show. :U

munruben
4th July 2011, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the forum, what a shame about not being able to park your car in your garage.. :):2tsup:

JJF
4th July 2011, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the forum