PDA

View Full Version : construction of verandah roof

t.win
30th June 2011, 02:11 AM
Hi,
I am an owner builder in sydney, i am constructing a brickveneer house with a verandah at the back. I have the timber frame cut and build onsite.
I wish to know :
1/ Can a verandah roof constructed by tie up to main frame of the house ( the timber goes through cavity between the brickwall and timber frame) ?
2/ Is it anyone actually has experience to joint 2 Jame hardie artista columuns (one on top the other), I have the instruction book but because the column is too tall (5.5mm) when joining together and put over the timber post therefore I need help

Please help.

munruben
30th June 2011, 10:37 AM
Hi there, I would seek advice from your local council as to requirements regarding the construction of the verandah. Regulations vary from council to council and state to state. If you mean can the roof structure of the verandah be tied to the main structure of the main frame of the house; I would imagine this would be quite allowable but definitely check it out with your local council. You will find they are mostly helpful in these matters and will point you in the right direction.

Can't help you with the other problem, not familiar with the product. but my first thoughts are the columns may be joined on the ground and then erected to the upright position but I may be imagining this wrong in my mind.

Hope someone can be more helpful to you.

Christos
1st July 2011, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the forum.