PDA

View Full Version : G'day from the Sth Coast

Nursey
22nd June 2011, 05:13 PM
Hi guys, my compliments on what appears to be a friendly, informative forum on all things to do with "building stuff!".
I've recently converted my garage into a rumpus room, had a shed built under my back verandah (to chuck everything that was in the garage), and now have a decent place under my house for a work shop. WOOHOO, CAN'T BEAT A "MAN CAVE"!
My wife is always having a go about "men and their balls", or "turkeys with their tools" to which I calmly reply "would you like this turkey with his tools to build you your nice display cabinet or not?":D. I've had a keen interest in wood work ever since I used to watch the Old Man "build stuff" when I was a young tacker, and since then have dabbled in making the odd bit of furniture, but sadly have never really had a good space to work. So, now I do "building stuff" here I come.
I hope to pick everyones brains on future projects I have planned.

Cheers

Greg

Pat
22nd June 2011, 06:47 PM
Hello Greg, my wife comments on Boys and their toys, but she was the one to say "Get that shed" when I ran into some money.

So welcome to mad house. We have blokes and girls doing flat work, round work, boats, toys, metal, cnc, reno's and just sitting around the virtual shed having a yack.

So take some picks of what you've done, ask some questions and enjoy a the like minded community.

Christos
22nd June 2011, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Nursey
23rd June 2011, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the welcome.
I'm currently working on a coffee table using a door I've had lying around the shed for ages. It's a bit rough but will be good practice using dowel joints. I'll post some pics when finnished.
Cheers.

burraboy
23rd June 2011, 07:09 AM
Welcome!
I'm an old door doer myself, look forward to the pics.

Grommett
23rd June 2011, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting the man cave. My wife had shed envy so I had to organise one for her, now no sweat.:D

munruben
23rd June 2011, 05:16 PM
Welcome aboard Greg. :2tsup:

Claw Hama
23rd June 2011, 05:40 PM
Welcome Greg, come inside, its cold out there.

Allan at Wallan
24th June 2011, 05:51 PM
Welcome Nursey.

Great thing about sheds! My wife has been yelling out for one
for years. So I got her one and now she is locked out there
each night and I have to TV to myself in the house.:2tsup:

Allan

JJF
24th June 2011, 09:43 PM
Welcome to the forum