PDA

View Full Version : Great forum :)

Things
21st June 2011, 10:04 PM
Hey, just found my way here through Chris from AusXmods, thought I'd do a bit of an introduction.

Well, me, not much to say really. I'm a student in year 12, but with a heavy interest in electronics/lasers/any other geeky stuff I come across. I love working on projects, some more useful than others. I've built random stuff like tesla coils, tornado machines, lasers/laser show projectors, and now, one of my biggest projects, a laser cutter.

Which brings me onto my current project. I'm not quite sure what started me on this project. I bought a 40W CO2 laser tube from eBay, however did not really have a use for it at the time. I decided the best possible use for it is probably a laser cutter!

I did build a laser cutter, and it worked somewhat, however it was flimsy and aligning the real laser proved to be an issue. However, I've now decided to start from (almost) scratch, and rebuild the whole thing.

I don't really have many goals for this machine, I'm just building it as I get the money, part by part. The cutting area of this machine will be around 900x900mm (If not a little more), and I am aiming for a fairly large variation in material thickness I can use in the machine. Here's a picture of what I have so far. I only got the frame on Monday, so haven't done that much in regards to assembly. I do have most of the parts already, however :)

And some video's of the old machine (& other stuff if anyone is interested): YouTube - LPFthings's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/LPFthings)

So, I've come here to get a bit of assistance with the construction, get to know people and maybe even have a chat with some of the members local to me (I know there are a few). I love seeing other peoples machines at work :cool:

Cheers,
Dan :)

Christos
22nd June 2011, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the fourm, did you make the frame or build the frame?

munruben
23rd June 2011, 05:23 PM
Hi Dan and welcome, you will get heaps of interest and advice on your project as you progress with the rebuild. :2tsup:

Claw Hama
23rd June 2011, 05:37 PM
Welcoime Dan, I',m sure you will enjoy the forum.