PDA

View Full Version : Gday from Sydney

Etnod
13th June 2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the forum everyone.

What brings me here is a project that I am working on... At the moment I am still at the planning/designing stage.

I want to build a CNC machine for milling wood and foam, which will have a couple of very important parts (the gantry risers) CNC cut of MRMDF. I chose to make the machine with a couple of wooden parts as it should allow for an easy assembly, and low cost.

I would like to post a .dxf drawing of the profiles and debate about the Machining of MDF, where would be the best place for that? I am also possibly looking for a company to perform these cuts for me.

Regards,
Etnod

Christos
14th June 2011, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the forum. You can post specific questions about CNC Machines on this sub forum.

CNC Machines - Woodwork Forums (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f170/) or a maybe do a Work in Progress(WIP) :)

And with general questions in the other sub forums.

wheelinround
14th June 2011, 09:57 AM
Welcome Etnod Christos has pointed you in the right direction but neglected to mention this weekends up and coming wood show at Fox studio where I believe a CNC machine will be on display. You might like to visit and check it out.

munruben
15th June 2011, 02:25 PM
Welcome aboard.:2tsup:

JJF
15th June 2011, 09:33 PM
Welcome

Etnod
17th June 2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks everyone!