PDA

View Full Version : G'day, mates

IowaYank
22nd December 2010, 06:27 PM
I am from the United States in the state of Iowa. I live on a small farm do not grow anything but, Blackwalnuts and Mulberry and several trees.
I retired from the Military after 25 years and have been all over the world. I finally retired due to being in 2 bombings in the Middle East and now work a lathe in a wheelchair.
If ever anyone is interested is swapping wood I could do that. I could have blanks of BlackWalnut 16" to 24" and in any thickness. Mulberry is a smaller tree, however, I just mail a chunk off that was 18"w x 24"L.
Thank you for having me on your forum. I am mostly on a big forum very nice mates and alot of pictures of their makings
Thank You
IowaYank

Al B
22nd December 2010, 06:32 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate, :2tsup:

IowaYank
22nd December 2010, 06:39 PM
G'day Al B
Thank you for the welcome:D

groeneaj
22nd December 2010, 07:58 PM
Welcome mate :2tsup:

Christos
22nd December 2010, 08:10 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum. Feel free to post pictures of your work.

wm460
23rd December 2010, 06:19 AM
G'Day and welcome from the centre of Aust.

artme
23rd December 2010, 07:40 AM
G'day IY and welcome to the gathering!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Timber swaps are feasible, but generally only for smaller sizes. If you are into penturning then you have a better chanc,

What lathe do you have, and what modifications did you make so turning would be a comfortable hobby for you?

IowaYank
23rd December 2010, 08:15 AM
G'day
Thank you for the welcome.
I have the Delta 46-460 with a 12 1/2" swing. I would like to get the Nova DVR XP no belts to move and outboard swing of 26".
I recently emailed the Editor-In-Chief at WoodCraft and they will have my email in the Issue of Feb/March speaking of handicapped turning and flat work.
At this moment I have not accomplished any mods yet, however, I did buy a very nice ergonomic chair that moves from 24" to 32" high. Very nice for high lathe work.

munruben
23rd December 2010, 08:47 AM
Welcome aboard IY nice to see you here. Have fun:2tsup:

mn pete
23rd December 2010, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the forum Iowa and THANK YOU for your service. Those of us who have remained safe under your watch will never be able to repay.

This is a great forum, filled with some really good folks.

I do like Black Walnut! :D