PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself from the other side of the world

brandy20
13th December 2010, 11:03 PM
Hi all,

my name is Luca and I write you from the other side of the world, Italy. I'm not a pro woodworker, actually I'm a pilot flying for the italian national carrier.

I've been woodworking for some years now, and I also like drawing my plans using Google SketchUp. I'm quite confident with it and for this reason I decided to run a blog on it, in English, regularly writing posts that I think could be interesting for those who like preparing their own plans.

I don't like being invasive on forums, so if you like the idea and you agree I will keep you updated on my posts. I also have some free plans available that you can download from my site if you like.

I'd like to share my experience with you, not only on design and plans, but on woodworking in general.

Cheers, or ciao! (as we say here in Italy :U)

Luca

brandy20
13th December 2010, 11:06 PM
Ops...:B bad start for a new entry, I posted in the wrong section...

I'm sorry...

snowyskiesau
13th December 2010, 11:06 PM
Hi Luca and welcome to the forum.

Don't be shy about posting information here, the more the better.

Why not put a link to your blog in your forum signature? Easiest way.

brandy20
13th December 2010, 11:18 PM
Thank you Snow, I waited for posting the link because I like being polite and ask when entering in someone else home.

This is it: SketchupWoodPlans (http://www.sketchupwoodplans.com)

Cheers,

Luca

Woodwould
14th December 2010, 07:40 AM
Welcome Luca! :thyel:

3 toed sloth
14th December 2010, 07:44 AM
Tut tut Brandy, posting in the wrong section.......I hope you don't go landing at the wrong airport:D:D

Welcome to the forum:2tsup:

Claw Hama
14th December 2010, 07:49 AM
Hey Luca, yes the more the merrier, keep us up dated. Where in Italy are you from? and please post some photos of your work.

Merry Christmas

jimbur
14th December 2010, 08:01 AM
hi Luca. Welcome.
Jim

BobR
14th December 2010, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the forum Luca.

munruben
14th December 2010, 08:57 AM
Welcome Luca, nice to have you in our little corner of the world.:2tsup:

Christos
14th December 2010, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the site.

wheelinround
14th December 2010, 04:57 PM
:o There are still Italians in Italy I thought they all moved to USA and here :U

Nice job Luca plenty time on your hands to think up those plans while flying on Auto-pilot.:;

groeneaj
14th December 2010, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the forum mate :2tsup:

brandy20
15th December 2010, 04:04 AM
Thank you guys for the warm welcome on this forum. I live close to Rome, in the northern part. I'll keep you updated on the blog but Ill also send you some photos of my WIP in the shop and try to share my experience with yours.

Ciao!

Luca

artme
15th December 2010, 07:24 AM
G'day Luca and welcome to the company of the slightly sane!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

You bear the same name as a beautiful little old walled city in the north of Italy.:)

brandy20
15th December 2010, 07:29 AM
I suppose you mean Lucca, near Florence :2tsup: Beautiful city, rich of history.

linx
18th December 2010, 03:35 AM
Welcome on the forum!!!