PDA

View Full Version : Hey whats shakin' baby?

Jack Wilson
9th October 2010, 01:07 PM
Ok, I'm new here, like everyone else in this section I guess. I am a Yank, came down to visit a friend who recently moved to the area. I live in Upstate New York, but without the Bronx accent!

I am more of a wood-worker wanna be, than hard core, I am a "collector of tools", I have most of what I need, but I am a carpenter in real life, so my wood working forays usually consist of job spec requirements, and then beyond that an occasional project for the missus, or one of the kiddo's.

In general I feel both confident and competent around wood, and am not afraid to tackle any project, but I really like to have somebody else pay for it, of course that means they get to keep it. :(

That's my story :)

Christos
9th October 2010, 04:26 PM
Your story of cool. Made me laugh. Welcome to the forum.

Jack Wilson
9th October 2010, 10:46 PM
Hello Christos, thank you for the welcome!

Whats your story?

Howard Van Huis
10th October 2010, 04:14 AM
Ok Jack! Welcome. The Dutchman back at Ya. :doh:

artme
10th October 2010, 08:30 AM
G'day Jack and welcome to the shed!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

munruben
10th October 2010, 08:32 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum. :2tsup:

Jack Wilson
10th October 2010, 09:34 AM
I am feeling more and more welcomed all the time! Thanks Guys!:B

Jack

seanz
10th October 2010, 10:31 AM
What's shakin'? Eeeeeeverything!

Welcome aboard. I've only ever seen pics of Upstate NY, is it always pretty?

Jack Wilson
10th October 2010, 01:11 PM
What's shakin'? Eeeeeeverything!

Welcome aboard. I've only ever seen pics of Upstate NY, is it always pretty?

Hello Seanz, your title lists you as an "immature member", if I stick around long enough will I go from "Apprentice" to "Immature"? :) Some say I am immature now!

The area I live in is farmed, and mostly pretty, other areas are much more urban, cities, not so pretty to me.

Jack

seanz
10th October 2010, 06:51 PM
The 'User CP' tab will let you assign a new member status to yourself.....best left alone if you're immature....as I've discovered.
:)

Christos
11th October 2010, 08:12 AM
Hello Christos, thank you for the welcome!

Whats your story?

Pleb.

I am enjoying this hobby just of late it seems to be on hold. Work is in the forefront being so busy but that will not last forever, things will always settle down.

groeneaj
11th October 2010, 06:46 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum :)