PDA

View Full Version : top coat finish over Danish Oil?

Stubarr
13th October 2004, 08:10 AM
Hello all -

I've just finished applying a few coats of DEFT Danish Oil to a mahogany entertainment center that I built. The color is lovely, but I would like to apply a more protective top coat finish - something to protect it a bit from wet glasses placed on top - that sort of thing. Ideally, it would have a semi-gloss finish. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to use (or NOT use)?

Many thanks.

RETIRED
13th October 2004, 08:15 AM
Hello all -

I've just finished applying a few coats of DEFT Danish Oil to a mahogany entertainment center that I built. The color is lovely, but I would like to apply a more protective top coat finish - something to protect it a bit from wet glasses placed on top - that sort of thing. Ideally, it would have a semi-gloss finish. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to use (or NOT use)?

Many thanks.
Gooday. I have sprayed N/C lacquer over Rustins danish oil after letting it dry for about a week.

Try it on a bit of scrap first.

TassieKiwi
13th October 2004, 09:09 AM
I've used 'Briwax' danish oil on kitchen benchtops. The only thing that left marks was dropped wine bottles! Hot/cold/alchohol no worries.

Finger Dicer
28th February 2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah I concur ... Briwax Danish oil give a good semi gloss sheen and a durable surface. I used in on me telesphone stand and it gets a pounding with little effect.