PDA

View Full Version : G'day

NibbleAbit
14th July 2010, 11:31 AM
I have been dabbling in wood since I was a young sprat, some 40 years ago. Now, I'm thinking that playing with wood is more than just screwing some planks together and calling it a shelf. Browsing and reading has shown me just how little I really know.

My first real project I think will be a work bench. Something I thought would be simple. After reading some of the posts in here, I'm beginning to discover that I don't even know what I want, let alone what I need. My plan now is to spend the next 6 to 8 months reading and designing, and start my bench next spring.

This looks like the best site I have seen on the net. Congratulations to all the members of this site for making this a great site.

munruben
14th July 2010, 08:23 PM
Welcome aboard:2tsup:

Christos
15th July 2010, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the site. I think that you will find that we all dabble some more then others. In the end we get something done.

artme
15th July 2010, 07:18 PM
G'day NA. Great to have you in the cubby!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

you are right in your assessment of woodwork. It includes addictions such as turning, sawdust sniffing, tool collecting and the aquisition of the odd splinter. Enjoy yourself here.:U