PDA

View Full Version : Over application of grain filler

Panning
21st September 2004, 02:49 PM
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone here can help me.
I'm currently hanging and finishing some interior hollow core doors and I've over applied Wattyl's Easy Fill Wood Grain Filler... It's the old peanut butter type one you mix with turps and apply with a rag. It's great on most of the doors but on one there's a great sweeping patch where it's far too thick. I've tried sanding it off but that's not working, I've tried applying more to the rest but that's dulled it unevenly. I've no idea what I should do. Any advice on removing or reparing my stuff up?
Also, I can't find this stuff anymore and anyone I talk to just says use: this grain filler (http://www.wattyl.com.au/DIY/Products/ProductSearch/Product_Details.htm?Id=714)
I've tried that and not been too impressed, what are your thoughts?
Thanks guys, I'm hoping a true amateur can get a point in the right direction.

craigb
21st September 2004, 03:14 PM
Panning,

Firstly, welcome. Might I suggest that you ask this question in the Finishing Forum?

Somebody there will probably have the answer for you.

No Need I moved it for him ;)

Panning
22nd September 2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the advice and the move guys but I think that's about all the help I'm going to get on this one. Doesn't look like many people have suggestions.

Thanks anyway, I guess I'll have to move that door to the dark alcove.

Chesand
22nd September 2004, 10:55 AM
Panning
Why not ring Wattyl and talk to their technical people - if anyone can help they should be able to