PDA

View Full Version : Gday

jazzy_belle2002
25th July 2009, 12:04 AM
I have never worked with wood though it has always intrigued me.
I was born in a country where power tools belonged to men who were employed for that purpose i.e. fathers do not have any tools as all work is outsourced, labour is cheap.

My husband is very handy and his workshop is his domain.
I have joined woodwork forums to read, learn and hopefully be brave enough to attempt a small project.
I am creative and am good with practical design....in my mind. I hope to learn to know what to call, or name what I am referring to.
Wish me luck!!

artme
25th July 2009, 10:24 AM
G'day Jazzy and welcome to our fountain of knowledge, inspiration, wit and wisdom.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

hope you get plenty from your membership of th forums and we hope to hear of your successes pretty soon.:)

jazzy_belle2002
25th July 2009, 10:32 AM
Why thank you for that.
I told my husband that I joined this forum and he laughed (bugger)
Well, I was cross so I will start small and eventually work my way up to building an ark and praying for a very rainy day.....mwahahahah......we'll see who's laughing then:rolleyes:

Allan at Wallan
25th July 2009, 12:21 PM
I wish you luck!

There you go, you got what you asked for.
Now you just need to keep asking for tools and ideas
and you will be a wood addict like the rest of us.:D

Allan

munruben
25th July 2009, 01:10 PM
Welcome Jazzy, I am sure you will soon be able to build just about anything. Good luck.:2tsup:

Fencepost2
25th July 2009, 07:41 PM
Welcome Jazzy. Don't forget to register for the lucky draws that happen every month or two, when generous people give prizes very useful to all woodworkers.

paul k
25th July 2009, 08:10 PM
welcome jazzy and enjoy .

paul , k

Christos
26th July 2009, 11:03 AM
Welcome to the forum.

I am sure that you will learn much from these forums.

jazzy_belle2002
27th July 2009, 10:51 PM
WOW.....even if I never succeed at building...it is an absolute pleasure to meet so many nice people..I feel so very welcome...thank you.
This weekend, I shall plan my first project.........something truly small.....dunno yet but will keep you posted.
I think more hobby but woody sorta stuff. My husband has an elaborate dremel kit (sorry if I've got it wrong) but the bits etc are varied and plentiful and must do something(surely)!!!
Soooooooooo amateurish...LOL

Thanks again!!