PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Texas

sailormark45
22nd July 2009, 11:22 AM
Where it is about 110 in the shade this time of year. A very good forum. looking forward to learning lots here
Mark

Claw Hama
22nd July 2009, 11:33 AM
Hi Mark, welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy your time here lots of fun and knowledge to be had.

artme
22nd July 2009, 05:54 PM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:G'day sailormark and welcome to clubhouse.. Good to have you here.

Christos
23rd July 2009, 01:28 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Studley 2436
23rd July 2009, 10:16 PM
Welcome in. Pretty good bunch from all over the world although it is largely an Aussie Forum. I read Harvey Penick's books a few years ago and felt pretty comfortable with the Texas he described. It sounded a lot like the Australia that I know, hot dry people like to say what they mean, like to be hospitable and love trading stories.

Studley

highfieldtonewerks
23rd July 2009, 10:22 PM
WOOO HOOOO - I am not alone... another :unitedstates: in the house. Welcome to the forum brother. There are a lot of good folks in here and a gang of useful information.

- Riggsy

munruben
24th July 2009, 02:45 PM
Howdy and welcome to the forum sm45:2tsup:

Studley 2436
24th July 2009, 03:07 PM
WOOO HOOOO - I am not alone... another :unitedstates: in the house. Welcome to the forum brother. There are a lot of good folks in here and a gang of useful information.

- Riggsy
There have been a few Yanks in here Riggsy. There was a guy called Boban who had a Gridiron pic in his av. I think he was but can't remember that well now. Others have popped up in threads I have read where we compared the timbers available to each other. Sometimes an Aussie gets some American timber like Cedar or Oak and asks how to work with it and a Yank will pop up with some good tips.

Studley

Billy
24th July 2009, 03:55 PM
welcome, this is a great forum, heaps of knowledge to be found.:)

Wish it was 110 here, :rain2::cold::tissue2:

cheers, billy:fireman: